Cologne: Night

43/365

I am in Cologne, Germany on a business trip for a few days. Here are some shots from my hotel room. The first shot is my favorite. It is of the main train station with the famous "Kölnner Dom". My favorite things on this picture are the colors, the blurry train pulling in, and the mix of old and new.

These pictures are not edited in anyway.

The other two pictures below the main one are also shot from my balcony.

What do you think?

F:5.6 | T:0"3 | ISO:3200

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Madalena (Tuesday, 04 February 2014 22:26)

Love the second shot. The reflection of the lights on the water is awesome!

• #2

Aunt Shellah (Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:35)

All are beautiful, but I also LOVE the second shot. The reflection is beautiful. Also, the skyline has such strong, straight lines, then it is offset by the smudged glow of the multi-colored lights. Really good.\

• #3

DAD (Wednesday, 05 February 2014 01:43)

I LIKE THE FIRST PICTURE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A WHOLE SET OF PICTURES TAKEN DAY AND NIGHT OF JUST THE CATHEDRAL. YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB TAKING ALL OF THE "365 PROJECT" PICTURES. KEEP-UP THE GOOD WORK.

• #4

Jessica Spring (Wednesday, 05 February 2014 09:27)

All are beautiful. I love the first because it is a perfect mix of old & new. With the bright colors streaking past (I'm assuming) a rather gothic looking church. I think that is a church. Love it!

• #5

Rosi (Wednesday, 05 February 2014 09:30)

Amazing shots in amazing city! <3 Love the second one! The lights' reflections are beautiful! Interesting angle of Dom as well.

• #6

Mary Goldau (Thursday, 06 February 2014 20:43)

Interesting to hear which is everyone's favorite. :) Thank you all SO much!

• #7

Naomi (Friday, 28 February 2014 04:36)

lol I have almost the same picture! https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ey2tN7Oy14Q/UqWo7pgGtnI/AAAAAAAADtY/kjG7HbRNNQQ/w1241-h822-no/DSC_0132.jpg