First Self-Portrait

27/365

I was reading some tips on Courtney Slazinik's website (http://clickitupanotch.com/2013/12/photography-project-ideas/) and she suggested doing regular self-portraits. I have decided to try what she's recommended and take a self-portrait on the 12th of every month (the date of my birthday).

Here are my first attempts of a self-portrait. I have posted my three favorites. Leave a comment and tell me which one you think is best. If you have any tips or constructive criticism I'd love to hear it.

Which is the best?

Click on the picture to see it in full size.

F:7.1 | T:1/3 | ISO:100

F:7.1 | T:1.3" | ISO:100

F:7.1 | T:1/3 | ISO:100

Write a comment

Comments: 8
  • #1

Christy (Sunday, 12 January 2014 14:32)

I LOVE the third one... Second one ISO looks to be too low (just my preference)..Third one is perfect. LOVE, LOVE it!! It has personality. I tend to enjoy non-traditional photographs. I am really enjoying your 365 day project!

• #2

Rosi RZ (Sunday, 12 January 2014 14:58)

I like the second one and love the third one. Both of them are very emotional. Love the power of your facial expression in the third one more though.

• #3

Lauren (Sunday, 12 January 2014 15:02)

I love the third one because it is soooooo Mary!!! The first one is beautiful. The second one is nice but looks foggy (very non-photographer opinion). Love ya!

• #4

Jessica Spring (Sunday, 12 January 2014 16:20)

I love the third one. It pulls you in & gives a glimpse of personality. Love it.

• #5

Betty (Sunday, 12 January 2014 18:09)

Sorry, but in the second pic, if you turned up the ISO, you would get even more light and it's already over-exposed (I assume intentionally). Higher ISO and you'd just have more whiteness. Maybe a lower F, with focus on the face, would be nice so that the arms in front don't dominate as much. Just my 2 cents.

• #6

Lex (Monday, 13 January 2014 14:17)

Duh, 3rd one OBVIOUSLY! 1st: boring 2nd: grandma 3rd: yes

• #7

DAD (Tuesday, 14 January 2014 08:11)

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?

• #8

moe-digger (Wednesday, 15 January 2014 23:16)

Thank you everyone!

Christy & Betty: thank you for the ISO tips and F. Those are a few things I forgot to check / play around with.